Luna M. Woods Award
Award established April 22, 1993. Named in honor of Luna M. Woods, CTR, foundress of Tumor Registrars Association of North Carolina (TRANC). Nomination "form" may be in writing or may be electronic (e-mail). Nominator must be an ANCCR member-in-good-standing.Nominee need not be a member of ANCCR. Deadline for submission: the nomination form must be received by the ANCCR Historian at least two (2) weeks before the ANCCR meeting. Nomination "form" must give as many details as possible why the nominee deserves this award.
Approval must be 100% from the four (4) elected Board members: President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
The Luna M. Woods Award reads: The Luna M. Woods Award which was established and named in honor of the founder of TRANC is hereby proudly presented to: _____________ who has demonstrated dedication, educational leadership, extraordinary enthusiasm, tireless commitment, professional achievement or outstanding and attentive faithful service that benefited the Tumor Registrars Association of North Carolina (Association of North Carolina Cancer Registrars) and the tumor registry profession.
Signed/dated by: ____________ current President of ANCCR
- The first Luna M. Woods Award was presented on April 22, 1993 at the TRANC 1993 Spring meeting in Raleigh to Luna M. Woods, CTR.
- The second LMW Award was presented on September 23, 1993 to Carol Dickinson, CTR (Quality Control Manager, North Carolina Central Cancer Registry) at the TRANC 1993 Fall meeting in Burlington
- The third and fourth LMW Awards were presented on September 15, 1994 to Cathy Rimmer, CTR (Cancer Data Program Coordinator, Forsyth Memorial Hospital, Winston-Salem) and to Judy Robertson, CTR (Tumor Registry manager, Duke University Medical Center) at the TRANC 1994 Fall meeting in Greensboro.
- The fifth LMW Award was presented on April 20, 1995 to Judy Wazenkewitz, CTR (Tumor Registrar, Gaston Memorial Hospital, Gastonia) at the TRANC 1995 Spring meeting in Hickory.
- The sixth LMW Award was presented on October 6, 1995 to Linda Mulvihill, CTR (Quality Control, Central Cancer Registry) at the ANCCR 1995 Fall meeting in New Bern.
- The seventh LMW Award was presented on April 9, 1997 to Tim Aldrich, PhD (Director, North Carolina Central Cancer Registry) at the ANCCR 1997 Spring meeting in Charlotte.
- The eighth LMW Award was presented on September 8, 1999 to Judy Robertson, CTR (Quality Control, North Carolina Central Cancer Registry) at the ANCCR 1999 Fall meeting in Raleigh.
- The ninth and tenth LMW Awards were presented on September 25, 2003 to Annie Blanche Sellars, CTR (Cancer Registrar, Rex Cancer Center), and to Gloria Regan, CTR (Rapid reporting, UNC Lineberger Cancer Center) at the ANCCR 2003 Fall meeting in Hendersonville.
- The eleventh LMW Award was presented on September 16, 2004 to Inez F. Evans, CTR (Manager, Cancer Registry, WFUBMC) at the ANCCR 2004 Fall meeting in Charlotte.
- The twelfth LMW Award was presented on September 13, 2005 to Frederick Greene, MD, FACS (CoC Surveyor) at the ANCCR 2005 Fall meeting in Raleigh.
- The thirteenth LMW Award was presented on September 12, 2006 to Melissa Pearson, CTR (Quality Control, North Carolina Central Cancer Registry) at the ANCCR 2006 Fall meeting in Pinehurst.
- The fourteenth LMW Award was presented on September 15, 2011 to Deborah Carrethers, CTR (Tumor Registrar II, Forsyth) at the ANCCR 2011 Fall meeting in Winston-Salem.
- The fifteenth LMW Award was presented on September 26, 2013 to Melanie Rogan, CTR (Director of Registry Services, ERS) at the ANCCR 2013 Fall meeting in Flat Rock.
Microsoft™ Word Format - (Requires Microsoft™ Word 2003 or higher)
NOTE: If you are prompted for a user name and password, please click on Cancel to open the document.
PDF Format (Requires Adobe's Free Acrobat Reader)