Cancer Registry Coordinator
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides coordination to Cancer Tumor Registry staff and oversees day-to-day Cancer Registry activities including data collection, coding, and data entry, analyzing, editing, and reporting of cancer patient data to the NC Department of Health & Human Services ? NC Central Cancer Registry and the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
*This position is remote or onsite in the RTP Area
*Location - UNC Rex: Candidate must reside in one of the following states to be considered for this role: NC, AZ, AR, FL, IA, KY, MD, MS, SC, WI
1. Coordinates and participates in abstraction, coding of patient and cancer related information, treatment and staging on all cancer patients seen and/or diagnosed at Rex.
2. Coordinates tumor registry staff, assists with staffing, coordination of work schedules, annual performance reviews, onboarding, training and education, and work productivity. Monitors quality of data, develops and provides training for tumor registry staff to ensure data quality and compliance with NC and Commission on Cancer requirements.
3. Maintains research database. Manages and analyzes registry data for the purposes of quality, education, research, outcomes, productivity and compliance with NC and Commission on Cancer requirements.
4. Participates as a member of the health system Cancer Committee, providing quarterly updates and assistance with quality improvement initiatives. Assists in the development and implementation of changes in policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation changes.
5. Participates in the research process through identification of population to be surveyed, determination of data collection methodologies, and performance of data analysis, editing and formatting of reports.
● Associate's degree in Health Information Management or related field.
● Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of cancer tumor registry experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Extensive knowledge of Tumor Registry coding principles. Knowledge of North Carolina regulations for reporting and Commission on Cancer accreditation standards. Excellent written and oral communication.
- Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
- Work Type: Full Time
- Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
- Work Schedule: Day Job
- Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh/remote
- Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
- This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.