Cancer Registry Abstractor
Position- Fulltime with benefits
Under the supervision of the Cancer Registry Manager- works directly with Certicode staff. Responsibilities include abstracting, internal quality control participation, and team building. This position is working remote.
- Minimum CTR certification required.
- Strong leadership, communication and coaching skills.
- Possess strong written & verbal communication skills, demonstrated through communicating accurately with co-workers, physicians, administration and other facilities.
- Ability to identify problems, generate and analyze feasible solutions and choose an optimum course of action.
- Must be a team player and possess strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism, tact and diplomacy when working with peers, clients, facilities’ Medical Staff, outside organizations and other facility departments.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and activities to ensure established time frames are met.
B. Education and Training
- CTR certification required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with acute care hospital based cancer registry, preferably at an ACoS -CoC approved facility.
- Knowledge of North Carolina Central Cancer Registry reporting requirements
- Preferred- EPIC and Metriq Experience
D. Other Requirements
- Ability to evaluate compliance with ACoS - CoC and NAPBC standards.
- Participate in NCDB reporting/edits annually or as scheduled by CoC.
- On-going education and annual testing/assessing for CTRs.
- Perform case-finding audits necessary to maintain abstractor timeliness
- Abstract cases.
- Foster and promote the education of Certicode Cancer Registrars and Cancer Registry
- Knowledge of office equipment; excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Interested parties should apply at certicode.com/apply