Works closely with Cancer Program leadership in providing support for and ensuring department compliance and documentation of Cancer Program standards established by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and North Carolina Central Cancer Registry reporting guidelines. Monitors all types of malignant and non-malignant tumors diagnosed or treated at Mission Hospitals, Inc. as a critical element in cancer patient care. Manages and analyzes clinical cancer information for the purpose of education, research and outcomes measurement.
- Conducts source document reviews to identify, assess, stage, and code clinical information on all eligible malignant and non-malignant tumors.
- Provides technical leadership support to the staff including hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Participates in Cancer Program, hospital, and community benefit activities and committees as part of the active leadership structure of the Mission Hospital’s Oncology Service Line.
- Manages the operation and functionality of the ERS CRS.
- Assures continued medical supervision of patients and assesses outcomes through life-time patient follow-up.
- Coordinates weekly Cancer Conference activities when requested.
- Remains informed on updated and new developments in the field of oncology and cancer data management.
Applications can be made online at http://careers.mission-health.org/