Cancer Program Registrar - Oncology Support
The Cancer Registrar identifies, abstracts, and collects treatment and follow-up information of patients with a diagnosed malignancy; retrieves, and analyzes registry data; performs quality control functions to assure accuracy and completeness of data. Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifies all reportable cancer cases according to ACOS guidelines and departmental procedure.
- Completely abstracts specified data elements from the patients' medical charts onto data collection forms.
- Accurately enters data elements from data collection forms, updates, follow-up, and treatment information into the computer database.
- Obtains follow-up and treatment information in a timely manner from all available resources according to ACOS standards; uses this information to expeditiously update cases in computer database.
- Assists in data collection for patient care evaluation studies, annual reports, research projects, calls for data and requests for data &/or other information as the need arises.
- Performs routine quality control edit checks and case audits to assure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare related field
- 3 years’ experience working in a hospital or physician's office; cancer registry or medical records
- Ability to effectively execute word processing, spreadsheet analysis, and form generation functions
- Experience in reviewing charts for abstracting, quality outcome is helpful
- Certified Tumor Registrar, LPN, RN, RRA, ART preferred
- Certification by National Cancer Registrars Association required immediately following eligibility
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,000 employees
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Join Our Talented Team Today! Apply: